Sunday, March 20, 2016

copying Michelangelo's "The Deluge" ...

... gonna see how far I can get with rendering this, on the side (of other projects), but its been fun to study this classic multi-figured narrative painting by 'El Jefe' .


after Michelangelo, "The Deluge", transferred drawing in oil, on board; work in progress...


(detail of the grisaille pass...)


I am also reminded of some old album artwork, motivated by ancient scrolls and illustrated dramas, made collaboratively by my medieval minded bandmates and I for our last "album"... (also pictured... nostalgic dude over here) - its easy to discern that I have always had a thing for figures, landscapes, desperate situations, etc...






...& AOI's "Under Ganfanon Gules" huge scroll album artwork (huge screen-print collab w/ C. Poole, N. Poole, D. Turano, 2012)


No comments:

Post a Comment